Do NOT take Ibuprofen while pregnant.
- Breast Tenderness:
- Wear a snug bra, apply ice packs and take Tylenol.
- Nausea & Vomiting:
- Emetrol, Saltines, popsicles, Jell-O, clear liquids. Try to advance as tolerated: broth and soups, then increase to your regular diet. If you have vomiting for more than 24 hours and you develop a fever, contact our office.
- Pinch nose, lie back and hold for 5-10 minutes. Apply an ice pack to the back of your neck.
- Gradually stand up from lying or standing positions. Do not skip meals. Eat regular meals and drink plenty of fluids. Avoid hot showers. Check your blood pressure if you have access to a cuff; if it is elevated or you are dizzy more than twice a week, contact our office.
- Nasal congestion:
- Increase fluid intake, use a vaporizer, use normal saline nasal spray 2-3 times per day. Use vapor rub under nose or on chest. Can also use Claritin, Zyrtec or Benadryl.
- Colds & Sinus:
- Increase fluids. SAFE MEDS to try: Chlortrimeton, Vicks Formula 44, Cepacol, Chloraseptic sprays, throat lozenges, Claritin, Zyrtec or Benadryl. May use vaporizer, normal saline nasal spray 2-3 times per day. If fever develops, you have colored nasal drainage, or a persistent cough, call our office or primary care.
- Sore Throat:
- Gargle warm salt water 2-3 times a day, take Tylenol.
- Increase fluid and fiber intake. May use Milk of Magnesia or warm prune juice. Bran cereals and some dried or fresh fruits may be used.
Download Green Sheet PDF